[Zope-Perl] Python and Perl scripts

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:25:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> [...]
> In Zope, the word Method is so overloaded, API methods? Python Methods?
> SQL Methods?  Then theres the people in the Python community, what does
> it mean to them?  Nothing like any of these web objects.
>
> I agree with you that they're method-like, perhaps "web method" like,
> but I don't think Python Methods are much at all like methods in python,
> [...]
> How about:
>
> Python/Perl Web Script
> Perl/Python Scriptlet

Yuck on both.  Not script, even less less-than-script ("scriptlet")

> Python/Perl Web Method

Bingo.  I thought i saw a winning phrase when you muttered 'perhaps "web
method" like', above, and would have suggested it if you hadn't.

That said, i would also see "SQL Web Method", as long as they received the
same integration treatment as perl and python web methods.  And i do not
see these as being contrary to API methods, if i understand what your
reference is - any of these things could be part of an application's API,
therefore being API methods...

--
Ken
klm@digicool.com