[ZWeb] more IA ideas

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:38:50 -0500

Sebastian Bacon wrote:
>>I also think it is time to convert the full-text search on zope.org to
>>use google.  At the time when Zope is able to provide better results to>
>
>   people, we can switch back.
>
> I think you're right, but there's a 'political' aspect to this too - it looks like
> an admission of defeat to dump zope's own search.  Overall, though, I
> agree.

It's the political aspect that has kept an unpopular search in place for
over a year.  I just don't see how we can satisfy the "by far" number
one complaint while keeping the current full-text search as the default.

Help appears to be on its way, though.  We might be getting a gig to add
relevance ranking to the catalog.  Thus, later this year we might be
able to flip the switch back.

--Paul