[ZWeb] proposal: one Zope wiki

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:19:39 -0800

Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@x3ng.com> writes:
> We should raise it on the mailing list and discuss.

Right. I advocate a single central zope wiki on zope.org. This would be
the default catch-all wiki and jumping-off point, free-form encyclopaedia,
etc. for all things zope. Although new scalability issues will need to be
dealt with when it grows very large, a single large wiki will be more
useful and more attractive to maintain than the current confusing
proliferation of zope wikis in random locations with duplicated pages.

I would suggest we seed it with the WikiCentral front page
(http://www.zope.org/Wikis/FrontPage) and move or copy content from the
other zope wikis and zwiki.org that seems to belong there.

I think a lot of the current wikis could be entirely assimilated, but that
need not be mandatory - I'd make them visible as
sister/satellite/sub-wikis and let them be discussed/retired/preserved
individually.

As usual, I think this wiki needs to be login-free and have a lightweight
skin by default.

What do you think ?