[Zope] a newbie question... access control

David M. Cannon dmcannon@cdr.stanford.edu
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:56:14 -0800

Hi all,

A real newbie question; I'll try to keep it short.

I've followed the tutorial where 'Stan' is setting up some
simple site, and tried to do a little shortcutting and
changed the details so I could see if I really understood
what was going on, and have run into a baffling (to me)
glitch: I'm running as the site superuser, but am getting
an access control error:

"You are not authorized to access <em>manage_changeProperties</em>."

I suspect I'm missing something real obvious, but I don't know
any good ways to chase down the problem yet.  Any pointers?  What
are the common ways of chasing down problems like this?  (I
am trudging through the code, but surely I don't need to know
it all before I can deal with a problem like this one.  I'm
having a hard time trying to figure out where to start.)

Let me know if I haven't provided enough information...

Thanks!

Dave Cannon
dmcannon@cdr.stanford.edu

-=-=-=-=-=-=-= traceback follows:

   You are not authorized to access <em>manage_changeProperties</em>.
<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 198, in
publish_module
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in publish
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in publish
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 104, in mapply
     (Object: email_build2)
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 101, in
call_object
     (Object: email_build2)
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 133, in __call__
     (Object: email_build2)
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
393, in __call__
     (Object: email_build2)
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py, line
130, in render
     (Object: manage_clone(email_template2,REQUEST['new_id'],REQUEST))
   File /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line
323, in eval
     (Object: manage_changeProperties(
  e_from=REQUEST['new_e_from'],
  e_subject=REQUEST['new_e_subject']