[Zope] Zope Init script?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:44:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Jochen Haeberle wrote:

> It seems to me that you have a script etc/rc.d/init.d/functions (path
> from whereever your zope script
> is located) that carris such interesting functions like deamon or
> status... at least my system does not
> offer those commands.
>
> What system are you using this on? Linux? What distribution?

I am running Linux 6.0 but these functions were available from earlier
distributions (5.2).

Nevertheless you don't really need the deamon function as z2.py takes care
of that. Just run it without the -D option so it will detach from the
controlling terminal.

I generally prefer to leave z2.py unmodified and create starting scripts,
for different configurations, Zope versions etc.

Pavlos