[Zope] parameters X dtml document

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:33:44 +0200

1st of all: NO HTML EMAILS

Welcome to Zope!

You're mistaking objects with strings.

'object' != object

To do what you want, in DTML you can use _.getitem()

Try this in document:

<dtml-var "_.getitem(REQUEST['param'])">

BTW, stuff in the URL, the query string, are not parameters. They are
something else.
Parameters of 'document' is comming from somewhere else that you can't see.

Cheers,
Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandre R. Dafoe de Aguiar" <ale@thecook.org>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 9:26 PM
Subject: [Zope] parameters X dtml document

Im having some trouble on using URL parameters in zope.

What I'm doing:

I put in the browser: http://xxxxxxxxxxx.com/document?param=testpage

Then in the 'document' page I have the following code: <dtml-var param>

Then, what I get in the browser is the strin "testpage", instead of what I
wanted, wich would be the content of the 'testpage' document.

How can I make the content of test page appear??

Thanks a lot