[Zope] mod_gzip

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:35:59 +0200

> Hello all,

> Does anybody know if mod_gzip howto :
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Mamey/mod_gzip is still up to date with Zope
> 2.4
> ?
> Is the given patch really necessary ?

> Thanx !
Hi Olivier,

I installed mod_gzip some time ago on a production server.
It happily runs since appr. 3 months in front of some
zope servers (configured with VHM and mod_rewrite).
I can't remember patching the source, and given
the time difference between the howto (2000/11/01)
and the mod_gzip release (03/08/01) I doubt that
this is still necessary.
One caveat though, I had one problem with some
5.0.x IE's, it suddenly had problems with one frame
of a frameset. But since it only seems to happen
on one IE out of appr. 10 I tested (with the _same_
version number), I ignored it.

cheers,
oliver