[Zope] VersionLockError

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:29:43 -0400

Phil Harris wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Thanks, that's what I ended up doing.
>
> A question since you're a ZC employee.

Always a liability under questioning. ;-)

> Do any of the developers at ZC use versions in any serious way?  I've seen
> numerous posts now about versions being locked etc.

Well, versions are useful under certain circumstances, but I don't make
much use of them personally.  And most of our customers prefer the
dev-stage-production model instead of versions for reasons like the one
you've just experienced.

> The advice about saving/discarding is obviously not workable, since the
> whole idea is that it's a work in progress.

I wouldn't personally depend on versions in any site that makes heavy
use of incremental catalog indexing.  Otherwise I might use them once in
a while, but never as a sole staging tool.