[Zope] solaris and zope

Jason Witt jdwitt@umn.edu
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:51:37 -0500 (CDT)

hi,

I looking for anyone who has worked with zope on solaris 8.  The problem I
am having is that it runs super slow.  I have compiled everything from
source using cc to get the 64bit optimizations.  Right now I have been
benchmarking against just ZServer with no Apache between.  No matter what
I do I cannot seem to get the install up the speed it should be on Sun
a E-250 with dual processors and 2 GB of ram.  What's worse is that the
same site that runs so slow on solaris flys on a Linux (redhat
7.1) box.  The hardware is comparable (dual 700 mhz, 2 GB ram), but the
benchmarks are about 2 times faster everytime.  Any ideas why Linux is so
much better than solaris??

thanks,

* Jason Witt             Java and Web Services - ADCS  *
* Web Developer          University of Minnesota, Mpls *
* Systems Administrator  190 Shepherd Laboratories     *
* jdwitt@umn.edu         Ph. 612-626-8663              *