[Zope] probably a faq: access INSTANCE_HOME

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:48:03 -0600

[Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism@zope.com]]
> Actually it's even easier.  It's a builtin.  You can refer to
> INSTANCE_HOME anywhere in a Zope app and it will be returned.

Chris, that did the trick!  Thanks!

Now, I'm curious how I would find this.  It's always interesting to
see--even when you know the answer--what sort of google search would turn it
up?  Google search or searching zope.org's site?

This search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=instance_home+zope+python+software_home&btnI=
I'm%20feeling%20lucky

gives some hints.

Anything more explicit?  For what it's worth, I would expect to see this in
the API reference, but it's not there (afaics).  Or in the chapter on
advanced scripting:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixB.stx
  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ScriptingZope.stx

(Not that I looked either place.  <grin>  Anyway, blimey!)

Cheers,

// mark

-