[Zope3-dev] documentation project at z3 sprint?

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:16:59 +0100

Albertas Agejevas wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 06:44:09PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> > Jim Fulton wrote:
> > > I agree that more narrative docs are needed. I'll note that a number of
> > > the responses you got were for tools to generate interface docs. :)
> >
> > And you disagree that they are needed and would be very helpful?
>
> How are any autogenerated docs better than the source code itself
> viewed using an editor which supports tags?

autogenerated docs can programmatically be used

- to display inheritance hierarchies, collaboration/dependency
  diagrams

- provide special views on the documentation

- provide search facilities.

- enhance interactively working within an environment

Though the doxygen project is missing a good search-facility
many people use it for bigger projects.  See

http://doc.ece.uci.edu/Doxygen/Beta/html/ace/classACE__Task.html

for an example (and notice that you click on the graphical blocks).

regards,

    holger