[Zope3-dev] interface implementation errors

Guido Wesdorp johnny@johnnydebris.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:14:19 +0100

On Monday 11 November 2002 23:50, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Guido Wesdorp wrote:
>  > For this reason I think we (the Zope3 sprint doc team) should
> >
> > use objects rather than interfaces to document Zope, since the object=
> > can define more members than defined on the interfaces.
>
> I don't agree. There's no way to know if these additional members are
> part of the objects external behavior or now. Besides, we are generally
> documenting objects by documenting interfaces. This allows us to avoid =
> lot of duplication, since many objects implement the same interfaces.

Hmm... That would leave a gap in the (generated) documentation, stuff tha=
t is=20
important to know about but not defined in the interfaces (e.g. additiona=
l=20
'public' methods on objects that use a general interface) will not be pic=
ked=20
up by the docgenerator... Of course I understand that not all members of =
an=20
object should be documented, but I'd like to have a way of generating doc=
s=20
that do show (at least) all stuff that should be. Wouldn't it be an idea =
to=20
skip 'protected' and 'private' members instead?

Guido Wesdorp