[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Consolidation of Zope 3 UI wiki pages

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:26:20 -0500

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 15:22, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Paul Everitt wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > I suppose this means that the do-ers need to get together.  I'm not
> > sure who are the do-ers on the UI effort, and I'm not sure who is
> > spearheading the effort.  I'm afraid we'll show up at your place and
> > spend the first few days rehashing previous territory.
>
> I have the exact same worry as you do, Paul; as it looks now there'll
> be some UI guys getting together rehashing how much of DHTML/stylesheets/
> mozilla/etc to use for Zope 3. This could easily become a 5 day
> philosophical session. That is not good.

Right. Note that Sydnei (Dreamcatcher) and I wrote up a list of functionality
that must be put in place before you can start doing anything with this. Here
is the original  ToDo List:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ToDoList

Some of the items are done now (such as Breadcrumbs), but some are missing,
like Tree View. The UI team should concentrate to implement these features
first. They are relatively small and are perfect for sprints. I also still
have a chatlog from Steve and I how to do Tree Views...

Here is the TreeView proposal:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/TreeView

Regards,
Stephan