[Zope3-dev] Death to "Views" package.

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:44:51 -0500

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 11:21, Jim Fulton wrote:
> At this point, it's worth asking whether it would be better to avoid the
> veiw-specific subpackages altogether, although I still find them useful.
>
> Thoughts?

I made a similar point this summer already, so I am restating it here,s o it
becomes part of the discussion:

Right now the Views Package and even the Browser package in it seem like an
overdose, simply because we only create Browser views at the moment (maybe a
couple FTP ones). But once we start building more frontends (View types) for
Zope, such as XML-RPC, SOAP, XUL, or wxWindows my fear would be that the
Packages become bloated by Views.
Now, that might certainly not be a beating argument for removing the Views
Package, but it is certainly a strong argument for leaving the Browser
package.

Regards,
Stephan
--