[Zope3-dev] [OT?] zope.org

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:10:25 -0400

[kapil, answering about new.zope.org]
> its in the works, landing time 3-4 months, i would guess.

We've heard that many times before...

3 months as a time horizon is often a polite way of saying "I haven't
started working on it yet".

Maybe you work differently, but new.zope.org has been held in front of
me as a carrot for nearly two years now, and I'm skeptical that it
will *ever* happen.

For a long time it was planned that the new.zope.org sofware and
design would be reusable for python.org, and I held back making
changes to python.org becase "soon we'd be running Zope".  But it
never happened, and as a result I gave up on this project.  It was too
ambitious.  Has the ambition been scaled down?  If not, I expect it
will indeed never happen.