[ZPT] Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:51:59 +1100

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 7:37 pm, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 22:02 21/01/2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >I have a bad feeling about this "dynamic" change of "tal" execution
> >orders...
>
> Me too, I really think that we need to rely on a simple rule.
>
> Lets' go on with the discussion. IOW, do we feel a real change is needed ?

No.

> We should avoid an half-baked solution which would please anyone.
>
> IMHO, the order of actions is 'wrong' (sic) enough to be worth to change
> it...

I think that ZPT has been around long enough (in public use for over a year
and a half) that if is was a _serious_ problem then it would have been fixed
much, much earlier. As it is, it's a niggling problem. The define/condition
TAL are always going to require some sort of "work around" tag, possibly a
dummy, to work with repeat.

-1 breaking backwards compatibility, even in a "major" release, just because
the current scheme feels wrong and the alternative feels right

    Richard