[Ape] FS script and temporary files

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Sat May 1 21:56:03 EDT 2004

G'day,

I've run into a snag.

When the FS driver runs the script commands, it uses temporary files.

This behavior is unfortunately not compatible with subversion:

Subverion's copy mechanism only works from a revision to a transaction, and
not entirely within a transaction.

So where:

A -> TMP
TMP -> B

I can do step one, but not step two.  I'd have to commit between the two
steps to get anywhere with this scenario.

Right now the most promising solution is to detect when step two is
occuring, and then do a direct A -> B copy/move/rename ... This is possible
because subversion tracks the history of a file through copying.

The big question here would be: Does the file and it's contents get altered
in any way ? What about the annotations ?

Or, just because I have to ask: Any way to get rid of the temporary files ?
:)

I've got version 0.2 of Caesar almost ready ... It now properly works with
subversion properties instead of .properties and .remainder files.

I'd just like to see what I can do about this issue first ...

Thanks,
J.F.