[Ape] Psycopg and idle in transaction

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Nov 8 22:23:41 EST 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 06:34 am, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
> Also, from a point debugging/monitoring point of view, I see as very bad
> the problem of having trasnaction open and don't knowing if they are
> applications bug or normal APE behaviour...
>
> I don't know if this scenario is potentially dangerous, but I wouldn't
> like to experiment in order to discover it ;)

There is apparently still some mystery about Zope's transaction machinery.
I've seen behavior like this before.  The two likely places to look for a bug
are:

apelib/sql/dbapi.py, lines 159-199
apelib/zodb3/storage.py, lines 196-235

I've scrutinized these before and didn't uncover anything.  Maybe another pair
of eyes will help.

Shane