[BlueBream] Exception views, again

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 09:32:44 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:
> Am 16.08.2010 um 08:37 schrieb Baiju M:
>>> If not, can you add these two include directives to etc/site.zcml just
>>> before including your package:
>>>
>>>  <include package="zope.app.http" />
>>>  <include package="zope.app.exception.browser" />
>>
>> I wonder whether we need to include this in our default site.zcml
>
> Why should this be necessary?

I don't understand it clearly.  But after adding those
declarations, I got the login page.

I am not sure whether we need to add this to default project template.
(etc/site.zcml)

>>> Also use "deploy.ini" instead of "debug.ini" to start WSGI server.
>>
>> Can anyone explain why "debug.ini" is not working when there
>> is an exception.  Is this the correct behaviour ?
>> I guess it must be due to our WSGI middle-ware:
>>
>>  [filter-app:main]
>>  # Change the last part from 'ajax' to 'pdb' for a post-mortem debugger
>>  # on the console:
>>  use = egg:z3c.evalexception#ajax
>>  next = zope
>
> This should display a nice ajax form in the browser to debug the exception.
> At least it works together with z3c.layer.pagelet.

May be we should evaluate WebError in future:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/WebError

>> We need to document this, so if anyone digg and figure out the details,
>> that would be great.
>
> There is another problem which should be documented:
> "Unauthorized" is an exception which is caught by z3c.evalexception. I think, it is impossible to decide whether the exception was raised because the user was not authorized initially or because he has not enough permissions.
> This only happens for basic auth.
>
> A solution could be:
> - start with deploy.init
> - authorized using basic auth
> - restart using debug.ini

Thanks for the info.  I will try to incorporate this into our docs.

Regards,
Baiju M