[BlueBream] Best practice: site location

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Wed Aug 18 11:41:13 EDT 2010

Le mercredi 18 août 2010,
  Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > I don't understand how you can define several virtual hosts if the
> > application site is located at the root folder...
>
> Ah. so the issue is hosting multiple application from same BB process.
> I am not sure hosting multiple application from same BB process is
> a good idea.

On a general point of view it's probably the best practice to serve
each virtual host from a dedicated BB process.
But I think it may depends on the "size" of the application (size
meaning essentially the number of users/visitors and the number of
served pages).
For small web sites, having a process for each virtual host can seem
quite resources consuming...

> > Except if I don't really understand what you call an "application
> > site", or if the application site is not the virtual sites root ??
>
> What you understood is correct.
>
> A site is where you can use the ++vh++ namespace like this:
> http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:localhost:80/++/
>
> Anyway, we will encourage to use a non-root folder to setup site.
> This leaves an option to host multiple sites for those who really
> required it.
>
> P.S: I have CC'ed list again.  This is good conversation. thanks for
> replying!

Oops ! Sorry :-(

Thanks,
Thierry
--
Chef de projets intranet/internet
Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
Mél. : thierry.florac at onf.fr
Web. : http://www.onf.fr