[BlueBream] [Blueprint] Releasing BlueBream

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Wed Jan 27 07:44:15 EST 2010

Hi All,
         I started working on defining a blueprint (proposal) for
BlueBream release.  This proposal will also define
"What is a BlueBream release":
http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/ReleasingBlueBream

At this point nothing is set in stone.  Initially I thought
we will just release a "versions.cfg" compatible with
Buildout.  BTW, this is how Grok is releasing:
http://grok.zope.org/project/releases/1.1a1

But there might be some users who want to use a
"package index" compatible with easy_install & pip.
We can use a modified version of "zope.z2release"
module to create an index.  BTW, Zope 2 release
has both "versions.cfg" and "package index".

Any one want to volunteer to help me in creating
the blueprint (proposal) and the implementation
part ?

In future, as a third option, we will consider PIP bundle,
but definitely not for 1.0 release:
http://pip.openplans.org/#bundles

If any volunteers coming forward to help in these tasks,
we will go for the second option of "package index"
along with "versions.cfg" release, otherwise we will go
for "versions.cfg" only release.

I am assigning myself as the release manager for
BlueBream 1.0 release !
So, I am going to make the final decisions ;)

P.S: I chose "blueprint" terminology for proposals based on
Launchpad: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bluebream

Regards,
Baiju M