[BlueBream] merging bbkit into bluebream!

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sat Jul 10 03:07:13 EDT 2010

Le 10/07/2010 02:28, Justin Ryan a écrit :
> Christophe -
>
> This all sounds very sensible.
>
> To ease review, could you link to specific revision / diff views?
>
> I got them myself with a bit of resourcefulness, but it'd be handy to
> have a prose explanation for the list of what you did.

The diff is here:
svn diff -r114377:HEAD
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/bluebream/branches/ccomb-remove-bbkit

Or online :
http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset?new=114461%40bluebream%2Fbranches%2Fccomb-remove-bbkit&old=114377%40bluebream%2Fbranches%2Fccomb-remove-bbkit

Basically I've:

- changed the version list so that it depends on ZTK 1.0a2
- moved the main features of bbkit into bluebream (compatibility tests, list of
svn sources, utility scripts) and simplified the buildout
- added a question to choose the bluebream version in the paster template
- added a howto_release for this package
- updated the tests

You can try it like this:

$ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/bluebream/branches/ccomb-remove-bbkit bb
$ cd bb
$ virtualenv --distribute --no-site-packages sandbox
$ ./sandbox/bin/python bootstrap.py
$ ./bin/buildout

Then run the compatibility tests like with bbkit:
$ ./bin/test

It will run the tests of the paster template as well. You can run this specific
test like this :

$ ./bin/test-bluebream

It does not tests the ZTK anymore, because we now rely on a released ZTK, which
is already tested. Our concern is to test only the additional packages against
the chosen ZTK.

Then you can try the paster template:

$ ./bin/paster create -t bluebream myproject

The bluebream version chosen by default is the version of the current
distribution: 1.0b3dev. It does not exist yet, but if you do the same from a
released bluebream package, you'll get the correct current version and you can
choose an older or more recent one. At this step I would like the paster
template to check online which is the latest version. I would also like to add a
way to detect if the paster template has some significant changes so that the
user is asked to upgrade the bluebream package.

To release a new version of BlueBream, it's the same as for any zope package:
just create a tag from the trunk. Then upload the versions.cfg to
http://download.zope.org/bluebream/ with a correct versionned name. We can add
script for this step. There are some other useful scripts in the zope.kgs
package we can get if needed.

Christophe