[BlueBream] merging bbkit into bluebream!

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sat Jul 10 06:41:53 EDT 2010

Le 10/07/2010 11:10, Baiju M a écrit :
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Christophe Combelles<ccomb at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've first worked in a branch to let bbkit depend on the ZTK
>> http://svn.zope.org/bbkit/branches/ccomb/
>>
>> After that change, I realized we actually don't need bbkit anymore...
>> So I've merged it into the bluebream package:
>> http://svn.zope.org/bluebream/branches/ccomb-remove-bbkit/
>>
>> It works and it is simpler for everything, because there is only one package to
>> maintain and release. and the version list is very small now. Then we can
>> consider adding other community packages such as z3c.form and others.
>>
>> I've also added a way to choose the version of BlueBream when creating a
>> project. That means, if a new version of BlueBream is released with changes only
>> in the versions.cfg, we can create a new project with these new versions,
>> without upgrading the bluebream package. It's still compatible with previous
>> versions, and works the same way.
>>
>> I've added a note on how to release bluebream now, which is not very different:
>> - just tag the bluebream package, and upload its versions.cfg.
>>
>> If there is no objection I'll merge the changes into the trunk, and retire bbkit!
>>
>> We will be able to release BlueBream 1.0 at the same time as the ZTK 1.0!
>
> +1 for merging the branch.

great! I'm just merging

> I hope there won't be many releases of BlueBream project template.
> So, it is fine to ask the version of BlueBream KGS required to be
> installed.

I've also implemented the latest version detection!

When creating a project, it parses the download page, and finds the highest
version number, then suggest this version.
For the tests I'm passing the offline=1 option to the template, so that there is
no network access.

Christophe