[BlueBream] Document default security policy

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 03:16:21 EDT 2010

Hi Justin,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Justin Ryan <jryan at reliefgarden.org> wrote:
> I've spent a lot of energy in this space recently, trying to combine
> wisdom from Philipp and Stephan's books, Grok docs, etc..  There
> definitely seems to be conventional wisdom not well expressed, and
> I'd like to change that.
>
> I'm working on a simple addon which, when included properly into a
> default BlueBream paster template, sets up pau and complements the
> default security policy well, but I'd also like to contribute some
> documentation helping to centralize the tomes of info i picked
> through to do what is really very simple.

> And I have a rich understanding of principals, roles, permissions..

Great!

Thanks for looking into this.

I will try to summarize my plan about the documentation.

- All our documentation will be maintained in Sphinx site
  ( http://bluebream.zope.org )

- We can use wiki as a temporary place to collaborate
  on documentation ( http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream )

- The begging chapters will be in this order:

  - "Introduction", "Getting Started",
  "What's New" & "Concepts and Technologies" documents.

- The "Introduction" & "Getting Started" chapters are
  the prerequisites for tutorial.

- The tutorial will be narrating developing an issue tracker
  application called "ticket collector" - the name was chosen based
  the original tracker used in zope.org

- The manual cover all topics related to BB.  Sometimes there will be
  duplication from tutorial, but that's fine.

- The FAQ should grow based on real questions asked in mailing list,
  blogs/micro blogs etc.

- HOWTOs should cover specific topics - each HOWTO should show the
  steps to do a particular task.

- Reference - I am not very clear how we need to organize this.

I will write more about individual chapters later.

Regards,
Baiju M