[BlueBream] Views for basic ZODB control

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Thu Mar 4 12:14:58 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Paul Harouff <pharouff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Ilshad Khabibullin <astoon.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> 2) What do you think about some views for manage ZODB. Generally.
>>
>> Yes, an admin user interface would be good.  But registering views in the
>> default skin/layer is not a good idea.  It should be a separate skin.
>> What about creating a simple admin UI ? bb.admin ?  I think
>> we can use 'bb' as a namespace package. Well, we need to discuss
>> more about this topic.
>>

> I think zodb.admin would be a more intuitively obvious name.

Well, bb.admin (or whatever name) is not going to be a ZODB
explorer alone.  It will provide few common admin tasks to help
the site maintainer.

1. Provide server information (Python version, path uptime etc.)
2. Integrate http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zodbbrowser or something
    similar.
3. Pack ZODB
4. Catalog view

May be we can create a plugin mechanism where other components
can register views.

All the things will be available in another skin, which can be accessed
something like this: http://localhost:8080/++skin++admin/

Regards,
Baiju M