[BlueBream] ZCML Directives wiki page

John john at saponara.net
Wed Mar 24 15:20:56 EDT 2010

hi baiju,

if it can be determined programmatically that viewletManager is defined
by zope.viewlet, maybe exceptions could be caught at some high level,
analyzed, and injected with a novice-friendly list of the possible
sources of the undefined symbol.  maybe this could be a service of
zope.org or pypi, or just part of the standard zope download.  i would
think that this wouldnt affect performance, since the exception would
otherwise be uncaught.  but i'm a novice myself, i dont know if this is
feasible or advisable.  however, i do like the idea of giving folks info
when they need it, as opposed to docs, which can seem useless when one
is unsure of where to even begin looking.

john