[BlueBream] automatic namespace detection

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Mon Mar 29 21:46:01 EDT 2010

Hi Christophe,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:
> Tell me if I'm wrong, the two current templates "bluebream_base" and
> "bluebream_simple" are nearly the same, except that the latter allows to create
> a flat package without namespaces. That's nice, and I also needed it. But now
> two similar templates should be maintained, with the risk that any change in one
> of them won't be propagated to the other. There is a lot of duplicated code.
>
> I've created a branch that automatically create any number of namespace levels
> from the same template:
> http://svn.zope.org/bluebream/branches/ccomb-merge-templates/
>
> Then you can call your project "sample", "sample.main", "sample.app.main" or
> even anything deeper and it will create the flat or nested structure, and adapt
> the values in the templates.
>
> Any comment? Do you think this is interesting to merge?
> If yes I will document this behaviour where needed.

+1

Oh. this is very good work !

Please change the Getting Started document.  If you find it difficult
to update screenshots, I will do that later.

BTW, I have found a small issue and fixed that in that branch, please update
your local copy.  And the test also failing for me, I will try for some time,
otherwise you can do it :)

Regards,
Baiju M