[BlueBream] ZODB v SQL

John john at saponara.net
Wed Nov 3 23:52:36 EDT 2010

I'm no expert either, but folks do indeed use relational databases with
zope and bluebream.  However, zodb is the easiest way to start, is the
most convenient database to use with zope, can be used alongside an
rdbms, and works great for most uses on most sites.  Moving to thinner
ice.  Zodb is not meant for heavy concurrent writes, but is more than
adequate for configuration data.  There are zope packages (such as
z3c.sqlalchemy) that attempt to ease the transition from zodb to an
rdbms by making rdbms's look more like zodb.  I don't know the status or
difficulty of porting those packages to bluebream.

In short, if you're gathering info on various web frameworks, certainly
don't regard zope/bluebream as being unable to talk to rdbms's--it can.
Good luck!