[BlueBream] ftesting.zcml

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Sep 16 17:32:29 EDT 2010

thanks, it seems very close to what I've tried.

Le 16/09/2010 19:55, Ilshad Khabibullin a écrit :
> I allow myself to describe my experience. Here's how I'm doing now:
>
> 1) all 3rd registrations - in src/myproject/require.zcml, instead of
> etc/site.zcml

ok

> 2) in etc/ directory - 2 configuration files: deploy.zcml and debug.zcml
> instead of site.zcml. Examples: http://paste.lisp.org/+2GF8.

ok,
I suppose those are called from some zope.conf and zope-debug.conf files,
themselves called from deploy.ini and debug.ini files.

We can also use zcml:condition="have devmode" in the directives.
I was using it to enable the apidoc in dev/debug mode.

> 3) src/configure.zcml contains, first, <include file="require.zcml" />,
> and second <include package="..." /> for nested packages of my project,
> and, sometimes, custom directives.

ok

> 4) in etc/ directory I prefer to put debug.conf, deploy.conf and zeo.conf.

do you mean paste config files debug.ini, deploy.ini and zeo.ini ?

> 5) in tests/ftesting.zcml: <include package="myproject" /> (i.e.
> src/myproject/configure.zcml) and custom directives for set up test
> environment.

Where is located this file, at the root of the project, or in the
src/myproject/tests ?

If this is located in the root, how do you use this file from the tests?

> I use exact this structure of zcml files in production BB rpojects right
> now and I find it pretty convenient.
>
> Summary, I always need, in any project (and any server-side project is
> not "hello world", yes?) different configuration for developer's sandbox
> and for staging server and for production server, and I always need zeo
> client mode, and of course, zcml includes for 3rd packages always the
> same (or about) for the functional tests.

Yes, it would be nice to add a sample zeo config as well...

Christophe