[BlueBream] pagination in bluebream

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Fri Aug 12 08:38:59 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to list out items in a container, as the number of objects
in the container may be large I am trying to paginate them. Basically I
am trying to implement something like 'LIMIT' and 'OFFSET' option
available in SQL.

I found z3c.batching package that does this. For this to work it needs
the full list. IMHO, loading the entire list of objects on to the memory
doesn't seem to be a good choice.

I tried to use zope.catalog to get the object list. But, it has just the
_limit option to control the output size. And again manipulating the
_limit value to [offset + limit] and then trimming the results doesn't
seem to be a clean approach.

Is there any other better way of doing this?

--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited