[BlueBream] Reg. persisting data in ZODB via forms

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Wed Jun 8 04:34:33 EDT 2011

Hello all,
	I am using zope.formlib.form package for my forms, when overriding the
'createAndAdd' method of form.AddForm I don't explicitly do the
zope.event.notify(ObjectCreatedEvent(..)) call. I just add the data to
self.context and it gets added (persisted) in the ZODB.

	But when I extend the form.EditForm in order to implement my own
"Apply" action method, just calling the form.applyData or
form.applyChanges doesn't persist the data.
zope.event.notify(ObjectModifiedEvent(..)) call is needed in order to
persist data.

	If someone could explain on this or point me to some documentation
relating to this would be very helpful to me.

Thank you

Regards
--
Joshua Immanuel