[BlueBream] [Zope-dev] Reg. updating catalog indexes in bluebream

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Thu Jun 23 12:19:34 EDT 2011

Hello all,

Thanks for replying.

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 17:19 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
> The indices do have to be updated every time you add, delete or modify
> an object. This is one of the reasons for the event system you were
> asking  about the other week.

As the size of sm['intids'] were getting incremented as and when new
objects were added, without me doing anything explicitly about it. I was
of the notion that I don't need to explicitly update the indexes.

If I subscribe for 'IContainerModifiedEvent' for the container of
'Client' object and update the indexes, then I think I'll miss out if
just the attributes of 'Client' object is modified. So, I think along
with this I should subscribe for 'IObjectModifiedEvent' of 'Client'
object.

Will this be sufficient? Is there any other better way of doing this?

--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited