[BlueBream] New bluebream recipe

Jonah Crawford jonah.crawford at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:55:55 UTC 2012

Christopher. Just a few thoughts about bluebream, they're only my own perspective so take them or leave them. The ZTK is a set of packages which can be used independently of one another to solve a variety of difficult problem sets regarding application and framework development. Bluebream is the proof that they can all work together in a single stack and the documentation of how/why. In this way Bluebream is a reference implementation with modern packaging. You don't have to use the whole thing but you can if you wish and it will play nice with your app's distribution. Will there ever be thousands of scripters with blogs demonstrating how and why BB its so awesome to use on big complex projects ? I don't think so. But while bluebream outlines a very succinct pattern for building component applications it is not the only pattern, and probably not the best 'first' pattern to learn or use. A working implementation of the ZTK packages has a lot of value to the community that invested in them. If you don't already need them or don't know why you would I suggest pyramid which is built using these and other technologies and has a lot more of the developer base and scaffolding resources you might be looking for. Just my two cents..

Good luck with your project!