[BlueBream] How to simplify Zope 3 development

Thierry Florac tflorac at ulthar.net
Wed Sep 5 07:01:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

Le Tue, 04 Sep 2012 16:31:29 -0500,
  Christopher Lozinski <lozinski at freerecruiting.com> a �crit:

> Don't use the Zope Component Architecture.
>
> Sure use the libraries that come with it, but just do you own app in
> python on the ZODB.
>
> Of course if you are building Twisted, which runs on multiple
> operating systems, with multiple protocols, transport layers,
> reactors, developers and dependent libraries, then ZCA is the way to
> go.
>
> But I just want to build simple websites, single developer, single
> server, a few classes.  I want them to be quick and easy to get up and
> running.  Python and ZODB are best for that.  I can happily loose ZCA,
> Interfaces, Registers, ZCML, subclassing Folders just to be able to
> add a class, and lot more of the Zope 3 complexity, while keeping all
> of the underlying rich and wonderful libraries.
>
> Or can I?   Now I just have to figure out how to do this.  In
> particular I do need security, and would like to use Zope Schema.  Of
> course I will keep Twisted and Zope dispatch.

If you want to use Python and ZODB without ZCA "complexity" for simple
projects, there are probably two tracks to follow :
 - GROK, which is based over Zope 3 but simplifies many operations
 - Pyramid, which *can* use ZODB and is very "open-minded" (ZODB or
   not, ZCML or not, ZCA or not...) !

Best regards,

Thierry