[BlueBream] bluebream Digest, Vol 37, Issue 5

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed Apr 20 15:53:44 CEST 2016

On 4/20/16 12:00 PM, Tamar wrote:
> The security model of course is a different one.

>  I'm looking for well
> supported software, and I am sure as Plone is living, like it does now
> Zope2 has a great success story and lot's of volunteers.

Plone includes both Zope 3 and Zope 2.  If you just want Zope 3/ ZTK,
just use it.
As long as Plone will be alive, so will ZTK be alive.

Adding in Zope 2 is a very very bad idea.  As you have noticed.

> PS: About ZODB. I don't really love to rely only on ZODB.... I saw
> relstorage where any relational database can be used instead ZODB.
The magic is really in Persistent Python.
blogory.org/persistent-python

You can run Persistent Python on top of ZODB, ZeroDB, NEO or Durus.
Your choice of 4 different databases that support persistent python.

> Are there any plans to run Zope on MongoDB ?
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mongodb-frankenstein-monster-nosql-databases-john-de-goes

The question is do you do security on views, or security on methods?

And what is your permissions model?

I love zope.securitypolicy.

The zope 2 security policy is well, that is why I switched off of Zope 2.

Chris