[CMF-checkins] CVS: CMF - CHANGES.txt:18.104.22.168 ISSUES.txt:22.214.171.124
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:06:29 -0500
Update of /cvs-repository/CMF
In directory cvs.zope.org:/tmp/cvs-serv15008
- Added 'CMFDefault.Upgrade.upgrade_decor_skins' external method to
convert existing sites which had installed skin directories from the
now-deprecated 'CMFDecor' product (Tracker #434). Added note
explaining the issue, and the workaround, to 'ISSUES.txt'.
=== CMF/CHANGES.txt 126.96.36.199 => 188.8.131.52 ===
+ - Added 'CMFDefault.Upgrade.upgrade_decor_skins' external method to
+ convert existing sites which had installed skin directories from the
+ now-deprecated 'CMFDecor' product (Tracker #434). Added note
+ explaining the issue, and the workaround, to 'ISSUES.txt'.
- Ensure that Favorites display the correct, absolute URL to their
target, without needing to have <base> tag set (Tracker #419).
=== CMF/ISSUES.txt 1.2 => 184.108.40.206 ===
+CMF 1.2: Known Issues
- This document describes known issues with the beta release of
- the Content Management Framework (CMF), version 1.0.
+ This document describes known issues with the release of
+ the Content Management Framework (CMF), version 1.2.
For more information on the CMF, please see the "website",
- Package and Module Name Changes
- In order to improve the future maintainability of the CMF,
- and as part of the "rebranding" of the product from "Portal
- Toolkit" to "Content Management Framework", we have moved the
- code base to a new set of packages:
- 'CMF' -- the "top-level" package, replaces 'ZopePTK'.
- 'CMFCore' -- provides essential interfaces and services of
- the framework. All CMF sites will use this package;
- most will not replace the services it provides. Most
- modules in this package came from the old 'PTKBase'
- 'CMFDefault' -- provides a set of content objects and
- services which allow construction of a useful CMF site
- "out of the box"; while many sites will use these
- objects directly, many will extend or replace them. Most
- modules in this package came from the old 'PTKDemo'
- 'CMFTopic' -- provides a new, "add-in" content object, the
- Topic. Topics represent "canned" catalog queries, and
- are useful for presenting "logical collections" of
- content, based on common metadata.
- CVS Changes
- Until this release, the "canonical" CVS repository for the
- PTK/CMF has been on the public CVS mirror, cvs.zope.org.
- This placement has been somewhat problematic: because all
- the *other* CVS code is replicated from Digital Creations'
- internal CVS repository, tags and branches created on PTK/CMF
- files tended to get "forgotten" during the synchronization.
- Going forward, we will keep the CMF repository alongside the
- main Zope repository, and replicate it to the public mirror.
- Migrating Existing PTK Sites
- The changes to package and module names (mentioned above)
- have significant impacts for existing PTK sites: instances
- created from classes defined in 'PTKBase' or 'PTKDemo' will
- need to be "re-seated" as instances of their cognates in
- 'CMFCore' or 'CMFDefault'. In the past, we have arranged to
- do such reseating "in place"; for this change, however, we
- plan not to require a "copying" migration, in order to remove
- the need to maintain the backward-compatibility cruft
- required by the in-place strategy.
- We will provide a script shortly to aid this migration (in
- fact, it will be the script which we use to migrate the
- "dogbowl" site this week.
- N.B.: This script is 'CMFDefault.migrate_ptk.py'.
+ Issue: 'CMFDecor'-based skins lost in upgrade to CMF 1.2
+ When migrating a site to 1.2 from CMF, where the skin directories
+ from the 'CMFDecor' product had been installed, such directories
+ are no longer present (the product has been merged into 'CMFDefault').
+ See the "tracker issue",
+ 1. Create an ExternalMethod in the root of your CMF site
+ using the following properties:
+ *Id* -- upgrade_decor_skins
+ *Title* -- Upgrade CMFDecor Skin Directories
+ *Module Name* -- CMFDefault.Upgrade
+ *Function Name* -- upgrade_decor_skins
+ 2. Run this method by clicking on its "Test" tab.