[ZF] re: electronic voting application

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Apr 6 13:53:17 EDT 2006

There doesn't appear to be a viable easy-to-install plugin for
Outlook that generates GPG signatures.

If we were to use GPG, it should be possible to instruct people who
don't know how to configure their own mail clients to set up
Thunderbird with Enigmail.  Writing the howto about this would likely
be easier than writing a truly secure voting application.

But it might be even easier to use S/MIME because all popular clients
have built in support for this.

http://www.marknoble.com/tutorial/smime/smime.aspx

I don't know the S/MIME trust model, though.

- C