[ZF] re: electronic voting application

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Apr 7 06:57:25 EDT 2006

--On 7. April 2006 06:44:20 -0400 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> So will we use a personal address or set up a mailbox?

It could be both. For the Plone Foundation all votes were usually sent to
Paul. A dedicated email address voting at something would do the same job.

> Who is going
> to validate the GPG signatures and count the votes?

Someone :-)  A volunteer..Rob? *hiding*

>What is
> involved in validating the signatures?

At reasonable email client that knows about the keyring with all
voter pubkeys will tell you if an incoming signed or encrypted email is
valid.

> Who is going to coordinate
> the necessary web of trust?

"The volunteer" would have to collect the keys from the ppl. There is of
course a possible chance for misuse however I doubt that this is of
theoretical nature.

 Andreas