[ZF] Let's elect a board

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 1 15:07:57 EDT 2006

I'd really lke to get the board elected by the end of June, for 2
reasons:

1. Sooner the better. :)

2. It would be nice to have a board in place before Europython.

    (I've proposed to have a ZF panel at EuroPython.)

If you are planning to join as a non-commiter member, please do so
soon so that you can participate in board selection.  Here's a
summary of the kinds of membership wrt the Board:

- Strategic developers each get to appoint a board member

- Strategic Consumers each get to appoint a board member

- Committer members get to elect as many board members
   as there are strategic developers.  Committer members are added by
   invitation. Invitations have already been sent out.

- Solution provider members get to elect a board member for every 3
   strategic developers.  (They get to elect at least 1.)

- Associate menbers get to elect one board member.

If you've recieved an invitation to become a committer member, and you
intend to join, please act on your invitation as soon as possible.

If you are planning to join one of the other member categories, please
do so as soon as possible.

More information on the membership categories can be found in the by
laws:

   http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Foundation/ZopeFoundationByLaws.pdf

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org