[ZF] Deadlines

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jun 7 12:44:27 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> If there are no objections, I'd like to set the following deadlines:
>>>
>>> - June 20 is the deadline for new member signups.  Members joining after
>>>   June 20 cannot effect the initial board of directors.
>>>
>>> - June 21 is the deadline for director elections or appointments.
>>
>> All this seems awefully close. Potential members now have only 2 weeks
>> to join and have to appoint/elect board members basically within that
>> same period. Why is it so important to have the first board meeting on
>> June 22nd? What's the rush if it's a conference call anyways?
>
> I said that we would schedule the first board meeting on the 22nd, not
> that we would have it.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you then.

> I think it is very very important to have the board established
> and met before EP and I want to leave a reasonably large window
> to allow for the unexpected.  Also, I see no reason for delay.
> We need to get off our collective posteriors and get going.

Sure, but in this case announcements on the foundations list (or even
the private comitters list) aren't going to help. We should have public
announcements.

>>> - June 22 we will schedule the first board meeting.  This will be a
>>>   conference call.
>>>
>>> Note that committer-member voting has started.  We are still accepting
>>> committer member director nominations, but we won't accept any more
>>> after
>>> June 13th. June 21 will be the last day of voting.
>>
>> Somehow I'm not very comfortable with the voting process open while new
>> nominations can be made. Why can't we close the nomination process on
>> June 13th and then open the voting process from June 13th till June 20th?
>
> I'm willing to do that.  I don't see that it makes much difference.

I think most people do see a difference, especially given the Single
Transferable Vote process where you can gives votes to all available
candidates.

Philipp