[ZF] Deadlines

Mark of opensourcexperts markp at opensourcexperts.com
Wed Jun 7 16:19:10 EDT 2006

Hi Benji,

- People who make a donation do not have the same involvement (buy-
in) as a member (it is typically a one time transaction).
- It is beneficial for the Zope Foundation to have a high membership
count -- especially when talking to the Press
- Provided their isn't high churn -- this helps plan better when it
comes to budgets / funds available to fund projects

Here are a few questions that maybe you can help answer::

- Is the Zope Foundation an organization concerned only with the
needs of committing members and a few companies who can afford the fees?
- Is it in the Zope Foundations interest to create such a high price
ceiling for what is essentially an Individual Membership?
- Why should a Membership for an individual be more than three times
the amount of say many Doctor's or other professional associations?
- Do you think the average Zope Member is making more money?

Regards,

Mark