[ZF] introducing myself

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite at gmx.de
Mon Jun 26 13:30:52 EDT 2006

Hi list,

these have been unusually hectic Python and  Zope days in some organizational circles. I apologize for not having found the time to introduce myself in due form.

Aroldo Souza-Leite, German citizen with Brazilian background, born in 1952, living in  Bad Godesberg (near Cologne), Germany, since 1975. I went to school in Rio de Janeiro and  in Brasília, Brazil,  and then in Hopkins, Minnesota, USA. After a Bachelor’s  from the Universidade de  Brasília I came to Germany, where I achieved a Master’s degree in Mathematics (Diplom-Mathematiker) from the Universität  Bonn with a minor in Physics. Since then, I’ve been active as a mathematician  in different areas between the academic and the industrial worlds.

While working in a larger software development project about six years ago,  I discovered Python as an alternative to the programming languages on which that project was based. This took me also to Zope, for which I then started to evangelize on different stages in Germany and in some other European countries. I held talks in the three last Europython conferences in Charleroy, Belgium, and Gothenburg, Sweden.

Up to now, the Zope 3 Common Criteria Certification project (Zope 3C, http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CommonCriteriaDocumentationTasklist/Zope3SecurityEvaluation ) has been my main source of experience in managing meta-technical Open Source undertakings. I initiated the Zope 3C campaign, found its start-up sponsors and led the first non-technical  negotiations with the German IT security agency officially in charge. My present role in this project is that of  a link between the IT security auditors, the Zope community and the project sponsors.

The Python and Zope political activities I’ve been involved in have always been heartily supported by my  “constituency”, the Rheinland Zope user group, which is a branch  of the German Zope User Group (DZUG, http://www.zope.de).

I am a basically untechnical person. Apart from Mathematics, my main area of intellectual activity is Classical Languages.

Zopistas from all over the world, unite!

Aroldo.