[ZF] Fixing the by laws (and other documents) one step at a time

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 21 09:46:04 EST 2006

There are a lot of aspects of the Foundation documents that need to be
fixed.  For a while the Board has threatened to collect a set of amendments
together so that they can be voted on at once.  So far, I think we've made
zero progress on this.

I think we need to apply what we know about software development and
switch to making small increments.  That is the tack I am going to take
unless someone overrules me. :)

I'd like to focus on what I think is the most urgent bit of business,
which is taking the steps necessary to transfer intellectual property
from Zope Corporation to the Foundation.  The major obstacle to
this, I think, is the over-heavy processes required by the by laws
for contributing. I'll have more to say about this in a separate thread.

Jim