[ZF] Zope Development Process

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Sep 26 06:35:53 EDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 8:47 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:
> In general, I would love to see pretty much all Zope related
> packages live in
> the ZF repository. The reasons are obvious and reach from licensing to
> visibility.

It still might be a good idea to enumerate them.  Given the ZDP, it
isn't as clear to me as it was in the past.

> One issue, that you alluded to, is how a package can move from one
> project to
> another.

I didn't  allude to this intentionally. :)

> For example, I would like to move z3c.baseregistry into the core and
> thus the next release.

We haven't defined what "core" means.  I think we need to and, imo,
if there is a Zope 3 core, I hope it will be small.

> Do we need process for this?

Yes.  I think we've reached an age where we need to be a lot more
selective and conservative.

I think the Fishbowl process is a good staring point. Perhaps
projects can define what they mean by core and PMCs, if we decode to
go through with them, could decide whether something can be added.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org