[ZF] Please comment! Re: Zope Development Process

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Sep 28 10:28:08 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Will you support import of your own exports?  I would hope so.
> Then you just need to document the xml format and if we want to
> import old data, like collector issues, then we could write software
> to generate data in your XML format.

I'll note that Python is currently evaluating different bug/issue
trackers (launchpad being one of them) and they all have importers for
the custom data format that Python used to dump their SourceForge
tracker info.

If we could dump collector info in the same format, we could import into
any of the trackers that Python is considering (Trac, Roundup, Jira,
Launchpad).  Information about the the data format:
http://effbot.org/zone/sandbox-sourceforge.htm.  More about Python's
tracker evaluation: http://wiki.python.org/moin/CallForTrackers.
--
Benji York