[ZF] Please comment! Re: Zope Development Process

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Fri Sep 29 06:50:35 EDT 2006

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Launchpad uses slightly different terminology: an organisation like the
> Zope Foundation is a "project" in Launchpad.  What we've been calling
> "projects" are "products" in Launchpad.

I would like to suggest we avoid use of the word "product" re ZF.  I've been
glad that Zope3 has so far avoided using it.  With Zope2 it often caused
problems in teaching and advocacy situations, in that "product" has the strong
connotation of something exchanged for money.  When I explained that Zope2
uses products, audience members invariably would raise their hand and ask how
much they tended to cost.

When teaching Zope3, I use "component" for a particular object w/interface,
and "component set" or "package" or "package tree" for a related set of
components.

-Jeff