[ZF] Status update for documents

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Apr 19 13:16:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

sorry this took so long again, but loosing my changes in the last
open-office struggle multiple times didn't motivate me very much. :(

However, I received a base-line version of the by laws as restructured
text and replaced the open-office by laws.
Then I went ahead and checked in my changes regarding the removal of the
ZMO.

I have a few questions before I can finalize the draft version:

- We wanted to make the ZMO a committee instead.
  I guess that it's a standing committee.

  Is it going to be a committee of the board or of the
  Membership-at-large, though?

- The original ZMO had quite a few responsibilities and
  properties. I'd like to boil them down.

  The original list was:

  - directed and established by the chairman? (rather not, better ...)
  - leading the zope platform development and
  - execution, definition and maintenance a development process
  - produce a roadmap
  - interact with standards organisations
  - resolve conflicts, establish working groups
  - provide development infrastructure
  - ensure the use of open source rules of engagement
  - enforce foundation policies and provisions (bylaws, membership agreement, ip policy and other policy documents)
  - interact with membership at large by providing zope platform plans, status updates and by soliciting requirements and feedback
  - (conducting academic and research community outreach)
   ­ (conduct zope platform marketing)
  - (assure the availability of enablement services, including education and training programs)

  As the development committee should work on making Zope (and Co)
better, I don't think it should do:

  - do marketing
  - do enablement services
  - enforce foundation policies

 Maybe some of the other points can collapsed a bit to be less
 verbose?

Christian

PS: If you think this should be discussed on the foundation list, not
the board list, please tell me.