[ZF] Re: Status update for documents

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Apr 23 11:57:07 EDT 2007

On Apr 23, 2007, at 5:42 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> The Foundation needs to have the ability to give people commit rights
> to the repositories, or, say, access to whatever CMS the foundation is
> running, or even sysadmin rights on a foundation machine, without this
> person having to become a foundation members and sign a foundation
> membership form.

Yup. I'd be happy to just deal with the software repository at this
point, although, perhaps the same simple structure could deal with
these other issues as well.

> People who have contributed a lot should have the option to become a
> contributor member (we intend to rename "committer member" to
> "contributor member", so you should be doing this in the documents :).
> Contributor members are members of the foundation.

Maybe not. Given what a hard time we're having getting this done,
mayeb we should take smaller steps and address the renaming in a
separate step.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org