[ZF] Re: Status update for documents

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Apr 23 12:54:03 EDT 2007

On Apr 23, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Maybe not. Given what a hard time we're having getting this done,
>> mayeb we should take smaller steps and address the renaming in a
>> separate step.
>
> Good point. Am I correct in remembering a board consensus for this
> though?

I think there was a consensus to do as little as possible to resolve
the copyright issue. But I may be projecting my opinion o the
board. :) I think we said we could do the renaming if it wasn't too
much more work.  But that was several months ago.

> Anyway, renaming it to contributor member shouldn't change much if we
> decouple committing from membership, right?

<shrug /> These documents are complicated.

> A committer could become a
> contributor member, but there would also be other ways to reach
> contributor membership.

Yes

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org