[ZF] Promoting Zope

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Sun Jan 7 15:24:59 EST 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 12:28 PM EST, sathya wrote:
 > This is an event to take place in Mumbai, India.  The
 > conference organizer is an avid user of Zope and will
 > be talking about Zope. It will help promote Zope in
 > India.  Can the Zope foundation be involved in
 > sponsoring such events ?  Does the Zope foundation
 > consider such sponsorships to be within its scope ?

I think, philosophically, that these kinds of
sponsorships *are* in scope.  However, until the
Foundation really takes flight and we develop a better
membership track record I'm unsure if it's the best use
of cash.

In addition, there are a HUGE number of these kinds of
shows around the world.  I would also worry about
member relations in terms of deciding which shows get
sponsored and which do not.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Regards,
Rob